When you hire UR1CPA, you will be treated with care during every step of the process.
1. We schedule a consultation with you.
2. You sign Engagement Letter.
3. You fill out Tax Organizer. (basically just a formal letter explaining your responsibilities and my responsibilities in the tax return prep process)
4. We prepare return based off your Tax Organizer. This will guide you when collecting all your tax return information. You will scan all your income tax documents and send them to us virtually via the link in the email.
5. We schedule a review for results and talk about what to do next year to have a better outcome.
6. You sign returns.
7. Service fee is collected or you can opt in for "pay-by-refund."
8. We e-file or mail in your returns.
9. We send you your full completed tax return for you to keep for your records.
10. We send you a Confirmation Letter for confirming e-file.
11. We watch for your processing of your return for any rejections and refunds if applies.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
EXPERT REVIEW ONLY
You prepare your return by yourself and e-file or mail returns. We review return based off of information provided to make sure returns look correct to the best of our knowledge and help point out anything that seems to alert us.
FULL SERVICE- 1040
Prepare your return for you and e-file or mail returns.
What qualifies as a simple tax return? Situations covered (assuming no added tax complexity):
Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV
IRS standard deduction
Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)
Child tax credits
Student loan interest deduction
Situations not covered:
Unemployment income reported on a 1099-G
Business or 1099-NEC income
Rental property income
Credits, deductions and income reported on other forms or schedules (for example, income related to crypto investments)
FULL SERVICE- BUSINESS
Full Service Business is designed for the needs of small business owners that must file their taxes as an S-Corp, Partnership (GP, LP, LLP), or Multi-Member LLC. Full Service Business pairs you with a specialized business tax expert who will do your taxes for you from start to finish. Upload your business tax forms, and we’ll find the right expert for you. You’ll meet on a video call, and they’ll take it from there.
Full Service Business offers all the benefits of going to a traditional CPA without any of the inconveniences of needing to leave your home. Our business tax experts can help you as often as you need and work around your schedule to do your taxes for you.
If your business is classified as a partnership or an S corporation, you must submit your tax return on March 15 or the 15th day of the third month after the end of your organization's tax year.
Have your books clean and up to date. Make sure they're tax-ready so your expert can get to work: transactions categorized, accounts reconciled, and balance sheets balanced. Also, have your tax documents handy, so we can help you get them to your expert easily and securely. This includes all relevant forms: your prior year 1065 if you file as a partnership or 1120S if you file as an S-Corp. Schedule K-1, profit & loss statements, balance sheets, and end-of-year bank statements.
To file Form 1065, you'll need partnership financial statements, a profit and loss statement, net income and revenues, and all partnership expenses. You'll also need a balance sheet for the beginning and end of the year.
Form 1120S is how S corporations report how much they make to the IRS. If your business is an S-corp or is taxed as one, you'll have to file form 1120S as your company's federal income tax return.
Partnerships and S corporations may ask for a 6-month extension by submitting Form 7004. Even if you obtain an extension of time to file, you must still pay your tax due in full by the original tax deadline. Otherwise, interest and penalties will be assessed. The tax return will be due on September 15.
After you’re matched with your tax expert, they will share the hours they’re available.
If you need help when your expert is unavailable, you can reach our other tax experts 7 days a week from 5 AM to 9 PM PT from mid-January through 3/20. From mid-March through end of July, our experts are available Monday-Friday from 5 AM though 5 PM PT