1. Keep a gratitude journal – document daily what you feel grateful about.
2. Get a gratitude buddy and talk about what you are grateful for with your buddy. Your buddy can help you make sure you acknowledge where your joy comes from (the difference between bragging and feeling grateful).
3. Pay a gratitude visit to someone who has helped you in the past or write them a letter.
4. Pause mindfully during the day to when something happens that you feel grateful about; make a mental note.
5. Watch your language even when talking to yourself – be mindful of when you are focusing on the negative.
6. Savor the good times with family and friends. Photos, drawings, written accounts and verbally acknowledging and appreciating people and events keeps you focused on the things you feel grateful for.